Monday, September 21, 2009

Granduer Peak





Since Michael and I both worked on Labor Day, we had our own special holiday the following Friday. We took the day off and headed up to Grandeur Peak. It's a beautiful hike with the trail head in Milcreek Canyon. It is about 6 miles round trip, with the way up a fairly steep incline, and the way back a nice, easy, downhill stroll. We made the mistake of starting at noon on a very, very hot day, but despite the heat, we made it to the top in pretty good time.
Jack is such a good sport about our family hikes. He seems to enjoy being packed up mountains on his daddy's back. He really only fussed when he was hungry. Perhaps our enthusiasm for the outdoors has been genetically passed on to our child :).

5 comments:

Toodles said...

What a fun family trip! Jack is quite the trooper... I do think he must've inherited a love for the outdoors! :)

Unknown said...

Cool! Mike and I hiked there last year with some friends. I didn't have to carry a kid but got pretty tired in the end. You guys are so strong!!

anna jo said...

I'm hoping little miles will inherit our love for all things wild too.

Kirsten said...

Those adorable chubby cheeks just kill me. I'm glad you've got such a good hiker on your hands!

Haley said...

LOVE baby carrier/backpack. Totally want one! Such cute parents you are!