Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Feeling

Do you ever get the feeling... that craving for change? Over the last few days, I have this anxious, nagging feeling in the bottom of my stomach. I can't tell if it's the "something is coming" feeling, or the "I wish something would come" feeling.
A lot of people are scared of change. I'm not normally one of those people. I kind of like big changes like moving or getting a new job. I view them as a chance to start over. I don't know if any big changes are coming any time soon, but I've got a few little things brewing in my pot of change...
-I'm trying to improve my body (who's not?). I've learned some new things to do with weights and the ball and figured out a way to do a lot of it at home.
-I am trying to improve my overall health through healthy eating. For Christmas I received a subscription to the Cooking Light magazine, a knife block, and an apron with chickens on it. I have vowed to try one new healthy recipe each week.
-I am trying NAET www.naet.com to get rid of my restless leg syndrome. This is an eastern therapy that is supposed to reduce your sensitivity to chemicals, foods, hormones, etc. I am also being treated for a variety of emotions and my voo-doo witch doctor claims that it can help with morning sickness. I'll do a more in depth post about this at a later time.
-I'm starting a collection of essential oils. My friend Maria sent me some samples a couple of months ago. I've been studying the properties of many of the essential oils and am intrigued enough to try them out. I'll keep you posted on this as well.
Perhaps these are my little new year resolutions. Whatever they are, I hope these little changes help me to improve myself and my life.

5 comments:

kimmalee said...

Wow. It sounds like you are doing so much to be healthy. Please do keep us posted on all of the things you're trying. They sound really interesting and I'm curious to see how they work for you! Oh, and I love Jack's hair cut pic.

Toodles said...

Can't wait for more updates on everything you're going to be trying out. Good luck with it all. I'm working on cooking healthier this year too... I think it's a big deal. haha! You're the best Natalie! Miss you!

Haley said...

Hmmm, you know what that means. Child has first haircut, starting to get older and more independent, Mom has a "feeling." Welcome baby #2! :) (j/k)

natabird said...

Come on... he's not even 1 yet. It'll be a while til his little sister joins us...

Unknown said...

You are always positive and proactive and I admire you for it. I am not very good when it comes to facing changes in my life... Keep us posted on how everything goes!