Friday, June 25, 2010

WBR 2010


Well, the day I've been waiting for has come and gone. Since finishing a half marathon in April, I have been training for the Wasatch Back Relay (188.2 miles, 12 runners, 2 days). My first leg of the race was very intimidating for me... 7.4 miles straight up a mountain. Every time I thought about the race during training, I wondered if I would be able to complete this leg without dying. Turns out I didn't die and I even made pretty good time at it. My other 2 legs went well, with me running my fastest pace ever in a race (since high school) on my final leg.

My sister, Tara and a bunch of her friends from Boulder, CO were my teammates (Team name Mind over Mileage). I loved this race because it presented such a unique challenge for each runner and her skill set. We finished in the top 3rd of the women's division. I came away from this race feeling very inspired by all the runners (including myself). I'm very motivated to work on my speed now, so watch out (August 14) Georgetown CO 13.1.

2 comments:

anna jo said...

Yay!! WBR 2011, here I come!

Congrats on doing so well!

Tara said...

Yea for us!!