Monday, January 12, 2009

Pregnancy Update

Several people have asked questions about my baby in the comments lately. I try not to post too much about my pregnancy because I don't want to complain, but you asked... Here is what's going on:
I am due in 9 days (January 21st). I am having a baby boy and we do not know what we are going to name him for sure, although we are leaning heavily toward Jack. If anyone has any suggestions on names, we are looking and listening. I am fat and uncomfortable and hope that he comes soon just so I can breathe again. My hands and feet are swollen and I get frequent headaches. I can only sleep a few hours at a time (better get used to it) even with the assistance of a sleep aid. My clothing no longer fits... even the "fat scrubs" I bought to wear to work are getting tight around my belly. I have painful varicose veins. I also have ligament pain and frequently end up limping instead of walking.
I am really looking forward to the delivery. I am ready for different kinds of pain. I am excited to meet our little guy and know that all this discomfort will be worth it. We have everything we need set up in his nursery and sometimes I go in there and daydream about how sweet he'll be. I especially love to look at his snowsuit. So stay tuned for pics of the new baby...He's coming soon (I hope).

4 comments:

Sra said...

Yay!

I think Jack is a fine name. Of course, it does lend itself to jack off jokes, but I really don't think that should be too much of a problem, because those jokes aren't very clever, so they probably will drop off quickly.

If I ever had a boy, I would name him Bryant or Cable. Since I'm not planning to have children, you are welcome to have those names if you'd like.

P.S. my Word verification word is "nullybra". Just thought you should know.

The Stone's said...

I loved the movie, "Sabrina". The real neat guy in it was named Linus Laraby. What can I say?

Jo Aunt

kimmalee said...

Jack is a great name. I like it a lot! I loved this post. I didn't love to hear how uncomfortable you are...but I think it's nice every once in a while to hear from pregnant people what it's actually like. Especially when the time is growing short. Sounds like you've got it particularly rough. I hope your little man comes soon too! Best of luck with everything babe!

Josh said...

I have a name suggestion: How about Rad?