Sunday, May 11, 2008

Tulips

I've continues to practice drawing over the past few weeks. I'm on the 4th chapter of my teach yourself to draw book and I still have a lot to teach myself. I'm still working on drawing recognizable objects and sometimes that is a struggle. I won't post my failures, although there have been many.

My sister-in-law, Natalie planted a bunch of tulips in our front yard and they look beautiful. The other day, I decided to go out there and attempt to draw a couple of them. These are my efforts:



3 comments:

Sra said...

Those are a little hard to see - when you click on the pictures they are even smaller than the thumbnails!

But from what I can see, I think you rival Matisse. Keep it up.

Jennikunz said...

i cahnged my blog address... re-link me 3rowdyboys1girl.blogspot.com

Nature Nat said...

I think the drawings look great. They will be nice to remind us of spring, especially if we have another winter like this last one.