Monday, January 12, 2009

Linus


Our niece, Darci (4 years old) is very excited about the impending birth of her cousin. During the month of October, after watching the Charlie Brown Halloween movie she started asking us, "Won't you call your baby's name Linus?" Since then, every time the baby comes up, she tells us that we should name him Linus. The other day, she told me, "Yeah, Jack is a cute name, but Linus is better." Her mom sent me a text when I was at work last week that said Darci had been crying. When she asked her what was wrong, she replied, "Mike and Nat won't name their baby Linus." We are so sorry to disappoint.

7 comments:

Sra said...

Well, I can't say I blame you. Although there are worse names. Like Jim-Bob, or any other name that is a combination of two names to form a hick name.

Scott said...

Well, I am disappointed. Linus is a good name, I think of Oceans 11 and 13 (but not 12). After all, can you think of someone better to name your child after than a fictional pickpocket played by Matt Damon?

Hayley said...

come on, nat, linus isn't that bad.

Tara said...

Poor little Darci. Tell her that when her mom has another baby she can name that one!

kimmalee said...

Oh, that's so cute!

Kirsten said...

Gosh, I wish you'd mentioned this 11 months ago, before Atticus was born. Is not like he'd be teased more for being a Linus than an Atticus, right? We've pretty much already maxed out that potential.

The Stone's said...

Hey, Not only was Linus Laraby the real neat guy in "Sabrina", he was rich too.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Jo Aunt