Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I Did it Again



What?

13.1 miles. Nichole and I ran the Provo Halloween Half Marathon (the most fun you can have in Provo without getting arrested). We dressed up like Peter Pan and his Shadow.
We have had such a good time training for this race. We've been running together 2 to 3 times per week for about 4 months now, so this was a landmark day for us... one that we have been looking forward to and preparing for. I am proud of us for accomplishing our goal. It has been so nice to do something for myself. When Jack joined our family, there was an adjustment period where I didn't have much time or energy to do things for myself (not complaining, it's just the way it had to be). When we started running, I quickly started to feel better in both body and mind. Taking time to do something I wanted to do to improve myself has been wonderful and therapeutic. Thanks Nichole, for having this great idea and for being my partner through this.

I really enjoy running races. I like that they give me a reason to workout, a goal, a purpose. I have a full schedule of race goals for the next few months...
November: Thanksgiving 5K
April: Salt Lake City Half Marathon
June: Wasatch Back Relay
August: Hobble Creek Half Marathon

If anyone is interested in training for or running any or all of these races with me, do it.

4 comments:

anna jo said...

let's see...

thanksgiving 5K: probably out 'cause I can barely walk normally right now

slc half: um... maybe the 5K? hopefully I'm back in action by then

wasatch back: if someone bails count me in!

hobble creek half: totally count me IN!!

love the costumes, btw

Hayley said...

you go girl. i have so much admiration for runners. & i love the costume idea!

by the way, Jack is SO ADORABLE!!!

Elise and Cameron said...

Good for you for doing something for yourself! Running is definitley my therapy, too. It is what keeps me happy and sane. I wish I could run a race with you! Maybe if you are ever in Alabama... or next time I am in UT. Not sure when that will be. I loved Jack's costume by the way. Very cute.

Tara said...

That's such a funny costume idea! I love it. And way to go for doing it again...I'm not sure I could have done it!

AND--I've emailed you a few times in the past couple of weeks, but haven't heard from you--are you getting them?