Friday, June 27, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

On Sunday I celebrated my 25th birthday. I really wanted a road bike. When I found a really big box covered in blankets in my living room, I thought, this is it. It wasn't. But it was a pretty sweet new vacuum from Michael. I still need to try it out because I didn't feel like cleaning the house on my birthday.

My parents gave me an overnight stay in a condo in park city, so the birthday celebration continued on into Wednesday and Thursday. Wednesday afternoon, we drove up to Park City, and checked into the Park Plaza. We spent the evening at the farmers' market, then headed up to Deer Valley for a free folk concert. Later, we took a dip in the hotel pool and watched a movie. On Thursday, we went out for breakfast then went to the outlet shops where Michael bought 2 shirts and I got a pair of sunglasses (and all for < $40). It was a great week-long birthday celebration.

5 comments:

Sra said...

That sounds very nice. Happy Birthday! I'm so terrible at remembering birthdays, or else I would have wished you a happy one without having to read here that it was your birthday. But I guess now I also vaguely remember you mentioning the fact at the park the other night. Dense!

I want a road bike too.

anna jo said...

happy birthday natalie!

maybe our birthday present to you can be my old road bike! (though it would come at a cost... so maybe it's not such a great birthday present from us after all)

and we need to go slacklining soon. I can't believe we're wasting the summer away without it.

Rusty and Tara said...

Sounds like your Park City trip was fun and relaxing. You deserve it!
Have you tried out the vacuum yet? Give me a review.

Toodles said...

Happy late birthday Natalie!! Your Park City trip sounds like it was fun and new sunglasses are always useful. :) I could use a new vacuum so maybe we can swap my roadbike for your vacuum... but actually, then Michael might feel bad, so maybe that's not the best idea! You'll get one soon enough!! :)

Haley said...

Now you can follow in your Dad's footsteps and vacuum several times a day. Oh the memories :)!