Thursday, June 5, 2008

Random update

I feel like I haven't had a whole lot going on during the past few weeks. But thinking back, I realize that it's been a good time for me.
My sister, Tara came out to visit from Colorado. She brought her husband, Rusty and their two kiddies, Halle and Josh. We had a lot of fun hanging out with the fam while they were here. We had a couple of birthday parties (for Cole and Rusty), a few family dinners, and a couple of fun games of nerfis. Nerfis is a game made up by Rusty. You basically play the rules of volleyball, but you hit a Nerf ball with a tennis racket. Tara, Carlie, and I had a sisters day where we went for pedicures and had dinner together. It was a lot of fun to have Tara and fam visit.
My littlest brother, Cole graduated from high school last week. Congrats Cole. I am proud of you.
Michael is flying to Virginia today for a job interview tomorrow. I hope this is it. Finding a job has been a long road. Something is bound to work out, right? Good luck Michael.
Work is going great. We have recently had several new patients start coming to our clinic. I've met some really great people through my job. I really enjoy the people I work with and I couldn't ask for a better employment situation.
I think that is about it. Like I said, it feels like there hasn't been a lot going on, but having good day to day experiences is what makes life so great.

4 comments:

Sra said...

It's important to acknowledge the good things. Too often we only focus on the negative (I do this a lot, evidenced by the fact that most of my blog posts are "rants"). It's nice to reminds ourselves why life is so great.

I remember playing Nerfis with you once. I think it was a bbq or maybe it was your bridal shower. Can't remember. But it was a great game. Thanks for reminding me of it.

anna jo said...

good luck, michael bird! :)

Kirsten said...

Nerfis reminds me of how we made up Roof Ball when we were kids--which was basically volleyball with a soccer ball and the roof as the other team. The game was permanently discontinued when our roof got so worn in the Roof Ball region that Mom and Dad had to replace the shingles.

Unknown said...

Wish good luck for Michael Bird, but i'll be so sad if you leave us...