Monday, September 1, 2008

Millions of Peaches

I am so happy that peach season has finally arrived. I have been waiting for it since last October. For several nights my dreams have been filled with beautiful, fresh, ripe peaches. I was eating them and they were delicious. When I woke up, there were no peaches to be had. So I bought some at a local fruit stand. I ate the few ripe ones, but most of them are still sitting on my table in a brown paper bag ripening.
This morning, two of my dear, dear patients brought in baskets full of ripe peaches right off their trees. I've been gorging myself all morning, and there are more coming...

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Amen. Peaches bring great joy to my life as well!

Rusty and Tara said...

Halle shares your love of peaches. She is always asking for "fresh" peaches as opposed to the yucky ones out of a can