Monday, October 27, 2008

Silver Lake


On Saturday, we decided to take advantage of the nice weather since it was probably our last chance to take a hike this season. Usually, our summers and falls are filled with hikes, but because morning sickness and hiking are not a good combination, we didn't get up on the peaks as much as we would have liked to.

We drove up American Fork Canyon, took our little Civic on an off-road adventure (really not that bad, just not paved), and finally got to the trail head for Silver Lake. It's about 2.5 miles up to the lake, so Michael had a breeze of a walk while the baby and I struggled up the hill (again, really not that bad, just not as easy as it once was... like when I was in shape and not growing a child in my belly). The water at the lake was pretty low and most of the trees were dead along the trail, but it was still nice to get out and enjoy the great outdoors. The picture is of Mt. Timp from the trail.
Oh, and Michael missed most of the BYU football game to hike with me. He must really care about me.

4 comments:

Sra said...

Yay for hiking in lieu of football! I haven't hiked for over two weeks, and since I had been hiking every week of the summer up until two weeks ago, I've really been missing it! I should have taken advantage of the nice weather this past weekend. Oh well.

Kirsten said...

I'm glad you're enjoying this amazing long-lasting autumn. I love this weather.

I agree that Michael must really be fond of you. That's probably a good thing. : )

Haley said...

Wow! He really does love you.

Rusty and Tara said...

Don't you think babies just knock the wind out of you? I swear, just getting up the stairs is a challenge some days. Does baby have a name yet?