Friday, October 10, 2008

Update

Nothing terribly interesting is happening in my life right now, so here are some of the uninteresting things going on...

I guess I could tell you that we have been house hunting. We have found some nice places in the North part of Lehi and are looking in Draper as well. Now is a great time to be a buyer, not so great if you're a seller. I will keep you updated when we decide what we're getting. Maybe I'll even throw myself a housewarming party.

We went to the Weezer concert on Tuesday. When we got there, we were lined up behind a bunch of 12 year-olds. It was the first time in my life I've ever felt old. Most of the attendees were actually adults, so as the evening went on, I began to feel young again. I think Weezer is alright, but Michael is a pretty big fan (this probably goes back to 6th or 7th grade). So Michael really liked the concert, but the baby would get mad when it got very loud. It felt like he was punching my insides.

We went to Bodyworlds 3 yesterday. It was pretty cool. We had free tickets. Admission is $22 per person, so make sure you REALLY like looking at dead people before you go and drop the cash. There was one display that I thought was exceptionally cool... The baby display. It had embryos and fetuses from 5 weeks gestation through 32 weeks. By 8 weeks it is only about 1/2 an inch long, but it looks like a real baby... amazing. The whole thing was very cool, just a little overpriced (unless you get to go for free like us).

I am getting pretty fat. This baby boy is growing fast. I wont disturb your image of a slimmer me with a photo (you would probably throw up in your mouth and I don't want you to have to search for gum or a breath mint right now). It's actually pretty exciting to watch my belly grow. The baby moves all the time. Sometimes it even makes me feel nauseated again. I'm pretty sure he is the cutest baby ever. I can't wait until we get a new house so that I can start putting his nursery together.

I think that about sums it up...

5 comments:

Hayley said...

glad you liked bodyworlds! i wanted to go so bad when it was here but we never got around to it.

are you feeling better???

Rusty and Tara said...

I am so excited that you guys are house hunting. What an exciting/stressful time! Rusty and I had our top 5 or 6 houses named so we could remember them. We still talk of them fondly to this day....

And I'm jealous you got to see Bodyworlds. I totally would have dropped the cash.

Haley said...

You're too funny about a picture of you. I'm sure you're a cute prego! I wish we were buying our house right now. You're going to save some serious cash!! Good luck! Hope you guys find something great.

Sra said...

I'm not gonna lie, this post made me laugh. I had no idea Bodyworlds was so expensive! Did I pay that much when I saw it in Vegas? I don't recall. Maybe I won't go this time around after all. Did you check out the Daybreak development? Ian has some friends buying a house out there so we went out with them to check it out and I thought it was a nice area with lots of cute houses. The view of the atrocious copper mine is a little too good, but when you look the other way the view is nice.

kimmalee said...

So excited that you are house hunting. Keep us posted on the progress. I am so jealous that you got to see bodyworlds. We tried to go once in Boston but it was sold out by the time we made it to the museum. It looks super interesting. I bet you're an adorable pregnant person. At least take pictures even if you won't post them. It's hard to imagine now...but maybe we'll regret not having better documented this phase of our lives later. Maybe.