Monday, November 24, 2008

Finally...

We are FINALLY into our new house. It seems like it's just been one thing after another that has prevented us from actually physically occupying the property. Our original closing date was set for November 7th. Today is the 24th and this will be our first night sleeping there (knock on wood). Lucky for us, we had an understanding landlord who let us stay in our old apartment as long as we needed to and my mom and dad let us stay with them last weekend when Questar couldn't get out there to turn on our gas because of some problem with their computers. So we got all of our stuff moved in on Thursday, but didn't want to take cold showers or freeze to death at night.
Several people commented, asking where our new home is located and other details.... It's in south Lehi. It has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms and a phenomenal kitchen (at least for me... my last kitchen had approx. 2 inches of counter space). I have put all of my kitchen stuff away and still have cupboard space to spare. I am looking forward to becoming a culinary master in this kitchen, so send me all your best recipes. I think I am even going to try to make a pie before Thanksgiving (I'll let you know how that goes, or if it even happens).
We are still working on getting all of our stuff organized and put away. Our goal is to have it done by Wednesday because we have ordered new furniture and it is scheduled to be delivered then. It is definitely a work in progress, but we are so glad to finally be working on it.

Oh, by the way, I am 32 weeks pregnant. When I felt so sick, I thought the pregnancy would last an eternity. Now my due date is coming up so fast (January 21st). The baby still doesn't have a name or a car seat or a stroller or even a blanket. I need to get busy. He wiggles all the time and his little foot is wedged up in my right rib (very comfortable). Michael either has a calming effect on the baby or the baby is a tease because he absolutely will not kick for his daddy. He will be going crazy in there and Michael puts his hand on my belly... nothing. I think it's pretty funny.

Anyway, that's what's going on in the Bird world. I hope to have some more interesting posts in the future.

2 comments:

Sra said...

This is indeed interesting. Updates are nice. I knew it was Lehi. Good about the kitchen. Making pies isn't that hard, actually, and if I can do it, you sure as hell can too. Yay!

Rusty and Tara said...

YIPEE! I'm so glad you guys are finally there! I am so excited for you to have a house--you are just going to love it so much. And making pies is very cathartic, so I'd highly recommend it. Can't wait to see pics once you are all settled. And that's funny about Michael and the baby. Hopefully the calming effect will last after the little guy is born.