Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Lost

The remote control for our DVD player is lost. A few months ago, it just disappeared and we figured it would just turn up. It hasn't. Maybe the universe is getting back at me for that mean trick I played on my old neighbors...

Several years ago, some of my college roommates and I were at a party at our neighbors' house. They were this group of guys that thought they were all that and more (alright to hang out with once in a while, but not every day kind of friends). They had this really big, expensive T.V. that was pretty much their pride an joy. I saw the remote sitting on the coffee table and thought it would be a funny joke to steal it. So I inconspicuously slipped it into my bag. I had to do a night shift that night, so I left the party early with the remote. The next day, my roommates told me that they after most of the people had cleared out, they had wanted to watch a movie. Apparently their big fancy T.V. didn't even work without the remote. Well, I didn't want to admit to my crime because they didn't think it was funny, so Brittany and I packaged up the remote and anonymously mailed it back.

Now I don't have a remote. Maybe it will arrive in the mail someday soon.

4 comments:

Sra said...

Ah karma. It's like a chameleon, you know?

Just go buy a universal, preferably one with not too many buttons so it's easy to use.

kimmalee said...

That is stinkin funny. I love it.

Hayley said...

grrrr...no remote? can life go on?

ps- i need your new address so i can send the n&m bird fam a christmas card.

hay.atwd@gmail.com
thanks! hope you're feeling well!

Toodles said...

Lady Luck?! or was it Lady Love? I can't remember anymore...

Anyways, remember when we went to Kyle's house (was that his name) and took a shoe from each pair of shoes? Oh, I bet he was pretty ticked about that?!

I hope your remote shows up someday...