Wednesday, November 5, 2008

She looks so sweet...



This is Indy. She is our family dog. Last month, Michael and I had the opportunity to dog-sit her for 10 days while my parents went on a cruise. Indy doesn't like it when her mom leaves her. She was just like a naughty little child who was acting out. She is very old (like 14 years old), so she can't hold it like she used to. Because of this, she has a bed in the laundry room (larger than your average laundry room) where she stays during the day while nobody is home. If for some reason she can't hold it in, it's much easier to clean up linoleum than carpet. Usually she's such an obedient dog, but when it was time for us to leave and we would tell her to go into the laundry room, she would look right at us and then start walking in the opposite direction. Oh, and then there was the barking in the middle of the night. Each morning around 3, we would hear barking. If I didn't get up to let her out for a minute, I would find a mess the next morning. Once while we were home, we left the bedroom door open and she went in there and peed on our bed. Michael found it when he stuck his foot in a wet bed.

The funny thing is, she is not normally like that. She is usually a good dog with an occasional accident (remember, she is 14 years old). She gets so mad when my mom leaves her. Poor little acting out dog :).

6 comments:

Sra said...

So basically this was just a dry run for the impending baby. Err, scratch the dry.

anna jo said...

yeah, maybe this is little experience is just supposed to get you ready for having teenagers?

Rusty and Tara said...

Poor Indy, but more importantly, POOR MICHAEL. GROSS!!!

There's rumor that you bought a house, is this true??? Seriously, we need to talk more.

Landon said...

When I read the title of your post on my blog update, I thought maybe you were announcing the sex of your baby. Imagine my surprise when I opened your blog to see a picture of Indy! Thanks for the laugh!!

Haley

Jefferson and Erica said...

hey there,

Jefferson and I opted to make our blog private and I wanted to send you an invite but I don't have your email...

could you send it to jeffersonanderica@gmail.com?

Unknown said...

She is so cute(, but not the part she makes a mess). Old dogs are just like old people in some instances... I miss my dogs.