Wednesday, April 29, 2009

5 years ago...

5 years ago last Friday, I ran a marathon. Yes, me... 26.2 miles.

Last Friday, I ran 1.5 miles. It felt like a marathon.

I have about 8 lbs. to loose from the pregnancy. I have been making excuses (some of them legitimate) as to why I am unable to work out:

-I am too tired... I've been up all night with the baby
-My vericose veins are hurting
-I can't work it into my schedule
-Jack is not 3 months old so I can't take him to the daycare

All of these things are resolved (except my veins did hurt last night, but that was the first time in a while), so I am out of excuses.

Oh, and I'm addicted to sugar... do they have rehab for that?

I always say "If it's important, you'll make time for it." So it's time I take my own advice and get going on getting rid of these 8 lbs.

I just found this photo of myself and my two BFFs Melissa (on left) and Katie (on right) after finishing the marathon. They trained with me but were unable to run the race due to injuries.

4 comments:

Sra said...

I too am addicted to sugar. I like to say I don't have an addictive personality, but that's only true for all things that aren't sugar. And maybe coffee.

anna jo said...

you can do it, natalie! maybe you need another marathon to train for as motivation to get your butt in gear. maybe one day we can even run one together again!

kimmalee said...

Holy crap. I didn't know you ran a marathon. That's amazing. I've always wanted to be a runner. I've always wanted to like running...I just really don't like running. Not my exercise of choice. So impressed. Good luck babe!

Hayley said...

gotta love what child-bearing does to your exercise life. it took me a while to get back into my old routine after avy was born. & now that i finally got back in...i'm quickly falling out! there are 70 year old women at the gym lifting more weight than me. there are nasty gray-haired men that are running much faster than me.

but only 8 lbs left is impressive. good for you!