Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Misplaced Keys

We all know the type of person that can't keep track of ANYTHING... especially his keys. Whatever he is looking for was specially placed in a spot that he "would never forget," but then he can't remember where that special place is. I am married to one of these people.

I am the type of person who rarely loses anything. I have a place for everything and I generally always put things in their assigned places. That way I don't have to think of a "special place" for anything. So you can imagine that it can be a little frustrating when things that may effect me get lost by other people :).

Last Friday, I had to work late so Michael got a ride home. Usually, we come in the garage door, where he hangs his keys on the key rack which I strategically placed there to encourage the putting away of the keys. Well, he came in through the front door, so the keys never got put away. Later that evening, we wanted to go out, so we searched the house up and down for his keys. No luck... we just used mine. Saturday, we did the search again, knowing that they must be somewhere in the house because he had used them to get in. Again, we came up with nothing. On Sunday afternoon, it was like a light-switch turned on in Michael's head and he all of the sudden got up and opened the front door. His keys were there, hanging from the dead-bolt.

4 comments:

Sra said...

I have a similar problem (although I haven't left my keys in the deadbolt yet ;), and it drives me nuts because it's so space-cadet, and I'm really not that looney! I try not to lose things, and it's not like it happens every day, but when it does happen, it makes me so angry, because it's usually something that I just had in my hot little hand, or else it's something that could only be in one of two places but isn't in either of them. I have torn apart the house and driven Ian crazy looking for things that aren't really important for me to find, but that are driving me crazy cause I don't know where they are.

In fact, right now I have no idea where my car phone charger is, and it should be in my car, that's the only place it should be! Oh wait... I just found it. It's plugged in at my work desk. Phew, that's a relief!

Nichole Bruce said...

I'll admit it. I've done the same thing... more than once.

anna jo said...

you're kidding me, right? they were in the dead bolt for like two days and nobody broke into your house?! you must live in the UC or something....

but I will admit, that I've done the same thing before (but realized hours, not days later)

Marie said...

It's a good thing that you guys know that you live somewhere safe now isn't it?? That is really crazy. Two days! Maybe you should put a "catch-all" basket by the front door now...