Thursday, March 19, 2009

Doggy Dilemma

Do all dogs really go to heaven? I don't think so. I have good reason to believe that my 3 doors down neighbor's dog is going straight to hell. The reason?
Jack has been doing great, taking his afternoon nap without any problems. Since the weather has gotten a little nicer, the neighbors let their dog stay outside in a pen. The dog barks incessantly, waking Jack up early every single time I put him down. The dog also barks late at night, keeping Michael and I awake.
So what do I do? I don't want to be the neighbor who goes up to the door and says, "Hi, my name is Natalie. I live a few houses down. Nice to meet you. By the way, could you shut your dog up before I call animal control?" I am 3 houses away... It's got to be bothering other people too. I don't know what to do. My baby needs to sleep. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

I'm so sorry. It is SO IMPORTANT for babies to get their naps. I prefer not being confrontational too, but it's really going to eat you alive if you don't just go say something. Or maybe you should have somebody kidnap the dog. There's an episode of Seinfeld about that, but I think Kramer ends up getting arrested. Good luck.

Sra said...

I would look into the local noise ordinance rules, and then make a complaint to the cops. Then they would approach the neighbors and you wouldn't have to look like the bad guy. They would probably take care to shut their dog up then. Really they should train it not to bark all the time anyway. What bad doggie parents.