Friday, March 27, 2009

Shots

Jack got his shots yesterday. It was so sad. The nurse gave him this yummy roto-virus vaccine that he enjoyed. He was lying on the table smiling at her then WHAM! 2 needles in his left leg and another in his right. He cried and cried. He fell asleep on the car ride home, and when he woke up 2 hours later, he burst into an inconsolable fit. He wouldn't even eat. He had never felt such pain before. I did get him to take some infant Tylenol which he quite likes (grape flavored). He is doing much better today. I'm glad he won't remember it.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I hate when they get shots. My little baby, Lily got six shots at her last appointment. (three in each leg) She also liked the roto-virus medicine. It seems like it takes them a little while to recover from the shots but I guess it is better than getting all those horrible diseses. Hope things are going well!

Kirsten said...

A trick we discovered about the 3rd round of shots: if we put Atticus in a front carrier (like the Baby Bjorn or whatever) and wore him during the shots, he didn't even care that he had them. No problem. It's worth a try if your nurse will do it.

Or, don't worry about it. He'll get over it. ; )

Tara said...

Poor Baby Jack--he's just used to being loved and snuggled! Not poked with needles. He will probably never trust you again.

Toodles said...

Oh, that breaks my heart!! It makes me so sad when our baby's are sad and especially when they won't eat / nurse because they're hurting. Poor little Jack! I'm glad he won't remember this either. :)

Lisa B. said...

Oh my gosh how cute!!!! how are you gys doing anyways?